Treatment of Persons Served
1. The following questions will serve as principles, which will guide my actions in dealing with those individuals served/employed by Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation.
Do my actions……
A. Promote self-esteem in those we serve/supervise?
B. Demonstrate empathy and a willingness to use insights thus gained in such a way as to improve the situation?
C. Enlist the involvement of those we serve/supervise by increasing the “personal capital” of these individuals?
2. Persons served must always be treated with respect and dignity, regardless of disability or other potential deficit areas.
3. The input of persons served in the rehabilitation process is not only important but it is paramount. That input should always be accepted in a respectful manner.
4. Persons served give up no legal rights when they join Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation. Hence, an individual’s legal rights must be respected at all times.
5. An atmosphere must be maintained in which those served may learn/develop.
6. The agency must be ever mindful of the attitudinal, architectural, cultural and communication barriers that may exist in the agency. Where barriers exist, the agency must consider corrective action.
7. Persons served are supported to engage in advocacy efforts on behalf of themselves, people with disabilities or any issue relative to their services and legal rights.
8. Persons served may sell items on behalf of the organization and raise funds by appeals to co- workers, staff and public.
1. I will do my best to see that Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation meets the needs of persons served.
2. I will respect the value and dignity of all individuals.
3. I will do my best to create/maintain a climate of loyalty, honesty, trust, and mutual respect.
4. I will support a work atmosphere where the work of each individual is respected at all times.
5. I will recognize excellent work done by other staff and persons served.
6. I will speak to everyone in a friendly, positive, enthusiastic, and courteous way.
7. I will support a work atmosphere that is open and non-secretive while being mindful of the need for confidentiality.
8. I will support the decisions of management. I may state my position. Ultimately staff must follow management’s decision.
9. I will be loyal to the agency. I will refrain from doing anything that might bring discredit to the agency.
10. I acknowledge that enthusiasm and a positive attitude always makes for a better work place environment.
11. I will uphold all applicable laws and regulations, going beyond the letter of the law to protect and/or enhance Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation’s ability to meet its mission.
12. I will immediately report any violations, suspected violations or questionable activities relative to fraud, waste, abuse or other wrongdoings.
13. I will be a responsible steward of Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation’s resources and property; respect and safeguard the personal property of persons served, visitors and employees.
14. I will strive for personal and professional growth and cultural competency to improve my effectiveness.
15. I will carefully consider the public perception of my personal and professional actions, and the effect my actions could have on Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation’s reputation in my community and elsewhere.
16. I will avoid situations of potential or actual conflict of interest. This includes personal and romantic relationships with persons served, co-workers and competitors.
17. I will only witness the signing of documents generated by the agency.
Board of Directors
1. I will do my best to see that Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation is operated in a manner that upholds the agency’s integrity and merits the trust and support of the public.
2. I will strive to uphold all applicable laws and regulations, going beyond the letter of the law to protect and/or enhance Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation’s ability to accomplish its mission.
3. I will treat others with respect, doing for and to others as I would have done for and to me in similar circumstances.
4. I will be a responsible steward of Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation’s resources.
5. I will take no actions that could benefit me personally at the unwarranted expense of Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation, avoiding even the appearance of a conflict of interest.
6. I will carefully consider the public perception of my personal and professional actions, and the effect my actions could have, positively and negatively, on Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation’s reputation in my community and elsewhere.
7. I will strive for personal and professional growth and cultural competency to improve my effectiveness as a Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation Board Member.
8. I will refrain from unwarranted intrusion into the responsibilities of Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation’s operational management.
1. U.V.A.H.’s success in carrying out its mission is largely dependent on the skills, effort, and commitment of its employees.
2. U.V.A.H. policies shall reflect the value of the individual employees, cultural diversity their right to respect and dignity, and shall recognize individual effort, loyalty, and accomplishments.
3. U.V.A.H. shall seek to compensate its employees fairly and equitably.
4. U.V.A.H. shall adopt and implement policies that enhance the security of all regular employees. Seniority, past loyalty and contributions shall be recognized where other factors reasonably comparable.
5. U.V.A.H. shall maintain the confidentiality of privileged information.
6. U.V.A.H. shall seek to fill each position with people capable of performing their duties well.
7. U.V.A.H. policies shall seek to encourage and provide opportunities for its employees to improve their skill and knowledge and to develop personally. Wherever possible, promotions shall be made from within the organization.
1. All financial practices of Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation shall be handled in accordance with the applicable federal, state and local laws.
2. All financial matters shall be conducted within the standards of commonly accepted, sound financial management practices.
3. All financial matters that fall within the purview of the agency’s financial management policies shall comply with these policies.
4. All financial matters covered by Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation’s bylaws shall be handled in accordance with those bylaws.
Agency Marketing Activities
1. Marketing activities are part of Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation’s accountability to the public.
2. Marketing activities/efforts shall always respect the dignity and privacy rights of those served.
3. Marketing activities will never knowingly mislead/misinform the public or misrepresent Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation.
4. Marketing activities will uphold the integrity of Ukiah Valley Association for Habilitation so as to merit the continued support and trust of the public.
5. Marketing activities will reflect cultural diversity.
If there is an allegation of a violation of any Ethics by anyone, the management of the agency will investigate immediately and make every effort to resolve the allegation in a positive, timely manner. The Executive Director will inform the Board of Directors of any allegations and the outcome of the investigation.